Suwannee County Conservation….
OUR MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Suwannee River Soil and Water Conservation District was organized in July 1942 under the provisions of the Florida Conservation Act of 1937 and amended by the Soil Conservation Act of Florida, Chapter 582. The name was changed to Suwannee County Conservation District (SCCD) in October of 1999. The Suwannee County Conservation District has provided conservation assistance to Suwannee County residents for 70 years. They develop and administer a resource conservation program that will provide for the conservation, development and land use of natural resources in Suwannee County. SCCD Supervisors are locally elected officials who look to the future with vision focused on identifying natural resource concerns and providing leadership to address those concerns. SCCD’s mission is to provide services needed by Suwannee County landowners to conserve, develop, and protect our natural resources by helping:
- implement farm conservation practices.
- conserve and restore wetlands, which purify water and provide habitat for birds, fish and numerous other animals.
- protect groundwater resources;
- help developers and homeowners manage the land in an environmentally sensitive manner;
- reach out to communities and schools to teach the value of natural resources and encourage conservation efforts.
OUR BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Chairman: Andy Jackson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chairman: Ronnie Lawson – email@example.com
Secretary/Treasurer: James Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor: Terry Reagan – email@example.com
Supervisor: De Broughton – firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our Board Members may be reached at the email address above, by leaving a message at the office at (386)362-2622 Extension 3, or by mail at
1525-B Ohio Avenue South
Live Oak, FL 32064